Wednesday, February 12, 2014

5 Love Languages

Here in good ol Georgia, we are currently experiencing ANOTHER winter storm!!! Ugggh. But I will not be the one to question nature lol. All I know is that I miss the warmth!!!! 

Anywho... Valentine's Day is literally days away. Most people will be all booed up and enjoying this day with loved ones. Way to go people!! Lol I'll be celebrating this holiday doing the same thing I do everyday...trying to take over the world (ahhh Pinky and the Brain days lol). Just kidding!! 
But no really... I wanted to share this amazing concept with you guys. It's called the Five Love Languages. The whole idea behind it is that people perceive love differently. The five love languages are: 
-words of affirmation
-quality time
-receiving gifts
-acts of service
-physical touch

The Five Love Languages

I am by no means an expert on this theory, but it definitely opened my eyes. Chapman helps you to understand that people feel loved differently. For instance, my primary love language is words of affirmation. This means I feel the most loved when someone tells me they love me and why. If a guy was trying to pursue me and insisted only on buying me things, I probably wouldn't feel loved. But if this guy really wanted to win me over, sincerely telling me the things he loves about me would leave me feeling all mushy inside. This book is really a good read. Read on below and let us know which is your primary love language. #peaceandlove

this is a great summary, and The Five Love Languages makes an even better book (for EVERYONE!)  which language do you speak?

iTunes has Gary Chapman's The Five Love Languages along with other editions for the whole family!!! 

***I read the original one. Even though it is primarily for married couples, I got a lot of insight from it as a single gal.***

No comments :

Post a Comment